Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues

I heard the Muraudio room in Florida and it sounded incredibly shrill and thin

Well that doesn't sound very good.
Maybe others who heard it will chime in. I had high hopes as I've been wanting to hear Merrill for awhile now and the speakers seemed intriguing at least. Unfortunately the synergy was not there at all with this system to my ears. I would like to hear the Merrill amps on speakers I'm more familiar. 
Blindjim, On another thread tonight.

"merril audio had his christine pre and 116 monos driving Muraudio Stats and that sound was so real it was scary. no embelishments or exaggerations here! items in the sound scape were tangibly and naturally presented. fascinating. really."

That's great that others heard good things in that room. When I walked in they had some string chamber music playing that sounded pretty nice, but a bit on the etched end of the spectrum but nothing offensive. Someone requested Steely Dan - I think they played Babylon Sisters. That track sent me from the room. Steely Dan is some of the best recorded pop out there and this system was very far from neutral reproducing it. Instrumental timbres were off, lacking in realistic body, size and overtones. It reminds me of the old days of hifi where certain systems excel at only certain genres. Silly.
Now, after a solid week of further break in of the M700s + Stellar GC dac/pre, I invited a friend over with a ton of live music experience. He heard the system with the Audio Alchemy kit, and did not hold back his valid criticisms. He did not hear the system with the AA PS 5 power supply, which did make a huge difference, but still, nothing like now with the PS Audio. There’s just no substitute for raw horsepower (AND POSSIBLY SOME REFINEMENT IN THE GC VOLUME CONTROLLER AND/OR ITS INTERNAL DAC’)

My friend is a rocker: Me, not so much, but I have enough to satisfy an occasional itch, so, first up was SVA (Stevie Raye Vaughn) volume was cranked to concert equivalent level and wow, wow, wow;.My $2500 Emerald Physics KCIIs dealt t with no strain. SVA was followed by Peter Gabriel "Secret World Live" This was followed by Tina Turner ’Private Dancer’ then The Pointer Sisters Greatest hits .

In all cases the music was seamless, bass, brass, and drums had ample tonality and packed a mean ass punch (WITHOUT USING MY SUBS NO LESS) not a hole I could detect, and my friend couldn’t stop repeating many accolades, even during songs, which irrates me to no end

My next move is a big step up the EP speaker line

hth