Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66

Showing 7 responses by corelli

@grannyring
@kdude66
Question for you guys.  I just spent a lot of time on optimizing my DI's with room treatments and adding subs.  The subs are in the corners and the DI's well out into the room. See my pics--https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7021
So I read that the room correction works best with speakers right up against the front wall.  So what is your experience with speaker placement/room correction.  Is it compatible with subs? Thanks.
The 2170 continues to interest me.  To raise the funds, would have to sell my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP I use in a second system.  And I do enjoy that amp! 

I wish I loved computer based audio but for multiple reasons I don't.  I like my CD's.  Just received a box set of 60 Vivarte CD's and lovin' it!  All this for $1.50 a CD.  It's a great time to load up.  But I know in time I will need to get on board. (see oppo thread)

So here's what I'm thinking.  I  love the ability the 2170 has to high pass my Double Impacts.  Possibly cleaner sound with less of a demand on both the speakers and the 2170's amp while affording a clean transition to my duel subs (all set up as suggested by Lyngdorf). To spin my discs I am looking at a transport. I would probably go with the base 2170. (Wish Lyngdorf/dealers would facilitate allowing the end user to add boards.)

With the standard digital inputs on the 2170, what type of connection would you guys suggest?  Do you think a Cambridge cxc transport would significantly limit the potential of the 2170? 

Thanks for your thoughts.

Redboob(k) aside, thanks for the feedback from those using the 2170 with this configuration. 
grey9hound, I do appreciate your words of encouragement.  I recognize their are advantages as you have noted.  I guess in the end I favor a simple and reliable approach that uses equipment with a very high performance/price ratio.  Hence, my interest in the 2170.  An elegant piece of gear to be sure.

The thought of ripping all those CD's--wished it excited me.  And then there were all those pictures of my Italy trip that were lost due to a computer mishap.  Arrrrrrrrgh!

So for right now I'm a happy dinosaur with my shiny discs. I can carefully hold them.  They are very tangible.

But things may well change in time.
" Sorry, I will now shut up about it. "

Please don't grey9hound!  I appreciate your encouragement.  You have inspired me to educate myself on what's out there.  So as to not get off topic, I think this would be a nice topic for a new thread.
Haven't been to this thread in quite a while.  While I was interested in this product a few months back, it's disappointing to hear about some reliability issues here (relays, switches, etc).  Also interesting to note some users felt the room correction of be detrimental to the sound.  Obviously room acoustics/speakers will influence this but still seems a bit odd.  Will be interested to see how Lyngdorf does over the long haul. 
That's good to hear Bill.  Things can always go wrong.  What's more important is how the dealer/manufacturer respond in that situation.