Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
GLEN BECK? I was seriously interested in these speakers but hearing that the company owner is a fan boy of Glen Beck who sent him a pair as a gift kind of puts me off buying them.
Usually a mistake to mix politics and business these days.
I would buy these before I bought something from China but there are plenty of other choices out there of other US made speakers.
Disappointed...
01-09-13: Andysf
GLEN BECK? I was seriously interested in these speakers but hearing that the company owner is a fan boy of Glen Beck who sent him a pair as a gift kind of puts me off buying them.
I never begrudge anyone their beliefs. I do not smile when I think of a world where everyone thinks like I do.
" I was seriously interested in these speakers but hearing that the company owner is a fan boy of Glen Beck who sent him a pair as a gift kind of puts me off buying them."

Thats your loss, and childish I might add.
And if you listen to the audio recording, you will hear Glen Beck say that Eric didn't want his help in promoting his products. Glen talks about it being because of his "small guy" virtue, but I also suspect it's because Eric realizes it's not a good idea to mix politics and business - that GB support would polarize and negatively impact him through that polarization. I dislike GB's politics about as much as anyone could, but I don't begrudge Eric his beliefs, nor do I even know what they are based on simply knowing that he sent GB some speakers.

Scutterflux, thanks much for those details. Very helpful, and I'll look into those ideas a bit more myself, as I still haven't decided on a direction with the crossovers.