Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
DGarretson/Frogman: Do either of you see any harm in using carbon fiber rigid plate to fashion a spacer in which to mount the Acutex 420 to an ET carbon fiber armwand? McMaster Carr has some 1/8" x 12" fof around $11.00?
I agree with Dg. I would only add that I would use the shim only if absolutely necessary. With my 420 on the magnesium arm wand and with Cardas cart clips on the VDH wire, I can just about fit the clips in a way that does not stress the wires/clips; although it's just on the cusp of making me feel uneasy about it.
Dear Nandric,

****Well I expressed my indebtedness to you already but I had no idea that you are also a lawyer.****

Lawyer? Heavens no! A mere musician. Although, truth be told, it may come as a surprise just how many similarities (in a way) and parallels exist between our respective professions; albeit in very different realms. Clearly the subject of a different discussion, but I have always found a tendency among non-musician music lovers to romanticize the music-making process; when in actuality, humans that we all are, much negotiation, personality analysis, reliance on precedent, etc. comes into play (pun intended).
Now here is a poser for all you guys -
An engineer/mathematician friend of mine suggested many years ago that if you run a tangential tracking tonearm and set the stylus exactly on the tangent, then the stylus has no reference as it has no lateral forces acting upon it and hence it is unstable. ( for those of you old enough think old fashioned cars with kingpins and wobbly steering when centered ).
His proposal was that if you run a tangential tracking arm then you should run a tiny amount of overhang and tracking angle on the cartridge.
Thoughts anyone...