Stillpoint Ultras anyone?

Has anyone tried these yet? I bought a set of 3 of the steel version recently, having heard some positive discussion. I tried them for some time under my TW Accustic Raven one on a wall shelf and Leema Antilla CDP, against my existing Stillpoints with Risers and Black Ravioli footers. The difference, well marginal at best, a bit tighter base and better dynamics, the music sounded subjectively louder. Did I think the difference worth the cost? No I'm afraid I did'nt. Well actually I am not afraid come to think of it. The thought of the cost of replacing all my footers with Ultras, as some have done, would have been daunting. I am sure others have definitely heard a big difference.

I can almost hear the chorus response, your system, ears or both, are'nt up to hearing a difference. Does anyone recall the Fairy Story about The Emperors New Clothes?
david12
Glaucon, yes the Ultra SSs are better than the AL versions. I directly compared them. You would never consider buying the AL once you heard the SSs, unless your supper would not exist were you to buy the SSs. The SSs obsolete all prior isolation. The ALs do not.

But the SSs now are obsoleted again by StillPoints. The Ultra Fives are hideously expenses at $650 each! But under a $10k turn table they allow it to sound like a $40,000 turntable. In fact I have heard a $150,000 turntable that was very good but nowhere near what I heard with them under my tt.
Glaucon,
I tried it both ways -- actually bought the inserts to match threads on Sony 5400 and CJ amp. First screwed in (with a gap between bottom of Stillpoint and bottom of Sony) with tophat facing down sitting on Symposium shelf. Then reversed them and placed the tophats directly underneath the CJ and Modwright, but deeper inside from where stock footers sit. I found this to sound better. Spoke to Stillpoints customer service and they confirmed sometimes it does sound better to have stillpoints sitting hardhat up under critical areas of the component (e.g.., where power supplies are). So on Modwright 5400 I have 4 Stillpoints Ultra AL sitting hardhat up directly coupled to chassis. Fifth SS Ultra sounds better with fat base under transport area and hardhat sitting on symposium shelf. For my Clearaudio Innovation Wood table, I screwed the Stillpoint Ultra SS fat base side into the table, smaller end of ultra into the optional base, which sits on symposium Ultra shelf. I'm so impressed I plan on buying the Ultra 5s for the turntable, and will move the Ultra SS under some Magico speakers I plan on buying. Cheers
Podeschi, you will be awed by the Ultra Fives under the turntable. I must say that four or clearly better than three if you make certain that all four are engaged with the component. I had the advantage of having those under the tt screwed into a StillPoints Component stand. Since there are no height adjustments on the Ultra Fives, you need a flat bottom to your tt.

I have heard that the Ultra Fives are clearly better than the Magico QPods even under Magico speakers.
I use the Stillpoint Ultra Stainless Steel (SS) under my speakers--Sonics Amerigos. They have been a huge improvement across all the usual dimensions--sound stage, bass, overall tone, etc. My listening room is carpeted and that has always posed a problem. But with the Stillpoints it has totally negated it that issue. It was a great investment.

However, for the rest of my system I decided to try Spiral Groove's Strange Attractors. These are (somewhat) more cost effective and I so I started out with using a set under my phono stage (Herron VSTPH-2). Again, another great bump up in my systems' performance.

Since then I've added the Strange Attractors to the rest of my system--under my line stage, amp and Finite Elemente rack. Again, each time I noticed a very nice improvement, especially when I put them under the rack. (I'm not using them under my table--Spiral Groove SG-1--as that has its own custom feet.)

Now, I feel like I'm really hearing my system at its best. It's really pretty incredible. (And I thought I was happy before going down this path.)

So, I am definitely a believer in "vibration control" or whatever you want to call it. Obviously, I haven't tried everything but I give two huge thumbs up to both the Stillpoints and the Strange Attractors.