Recent equipment you hated, thought overpriced

Enough with the glowing accounts and positivity. What equipment have you bought in the last couple of years that you either just hated or thought sounded good but was significantly overpriced? Dish it out.
jult52
Well i am a total fail for loving to use power conditioners.
I started years ago with a little Adcom ACE515 and never looked back. Got a Monster 5000, then a Monstr HTPS7000SS and a AVS2000. Then about 30 months ago went big time to a Furman REF20i (i got the $3,500 list object for $1,400 via Agon, and close enough to pick up too.
Then wanted a alternate AC range, so same way bought a PS Audio P-600 with optional board allows it to vary output AC sinewave from low of 60cycles up to 120 cycles. (i currently use it at 110hz A/C output for my digital stuff)
Also Agon $1,000 also local pickup.

Only the FurmanREF20i and the PS Audio are in my setup now. The Furman has EVERYTHING on it, including the amp. Just went to a Pangea AC9SE on the Furman, and to amp.
Tried another AC9SE elsewhere, but a little too much of a good thing.
I would NEVER go without a power conditioner.
The pluses are cleaner sound, greater transparency. The downsides are possible leaness if too much stuff used.
I push them to just before they start sounding lean or thin. I dislike fat chubby thick sound. Some call it warm. I call it mush.
I like the 'Japanese sound' Lean, tight, lots of clarity and dynamics Massed voices I can hear every individual voice.. That is what i want. Clean. slightly sweet.. Great.
My conditioners give it to me.
I have ALL pangea cords on IEC stuff.
So I am a big cord and conditioner lover.
Still, my total expenditurs on ALL non-component stuff is only about 15% total of equipment actual cost. 10% cables cords. 5% power conditioning in use. (taking half off conditioner cost as video shares the conditioners too)
These threads make me laugh. Over priced tweaks are just that, over priced. You might think they make your system better, but they don't. Once again, ever hear the old saying about a fool and his money being soon parted? Yes, i've tried/listened to them. If you believe they work, thats all that matters. For you, they work, I guess.... I am, and always will be in the show me the proof camp. I've yet to hear a quantum tweak I would spend a dime on.
I'm with Zydo. Hook up a bunch of overpriced tweeks to a Bose wave system or a system that uses seperate speakers and it should sound as good as a full blown MBL system. Right?
i agree some on tweaks for expensive ones. they seem a scam. Though anyone can make plenty of them cheap..
Not so much in agreement on cables.
I view cheap tweaks as fine tuning.
Like say you make the same cake everyday. (cake=system use)
So you try a little less salt, OK, tweak.
Or a little honey insead of all sugar. tweak.
Or add sprinkles to it. tweak.
Or add butter to the frosting tweak.
It is still yes the same damn cake you had, but it is tweaked. and may be a little more emjoyable for it.

Cable are also fine tuning a bit.
i am not so hot personally on expensive cables. as mentioned, better to spend big money on basics.
But a few bucks does seem to help.
Like i was very hesitant to blow money on Pangea upgrade cables at a few hundred a pop. But i did buy four of them, and it is OK. That much is really over my self imposed budget, but i splurged. They sound good, and make the system a tiny bit better, and i can hear it. So OK, good enough.
I am actually sending one back. As one was big deal plus, two pretty good plus, the third a little plus, but the fourth just no any positives. (and i tried it all sorts of ways, just no better.) i would rather try my luck with $300 worth of Kimber 12TC!!! over my 8TC.
I have no problem with folks who think any expense for cables is foolish. We all have our priorites.
I felt bad i criticized another member about Bybee $4,200. gizmos.. (the real thing is he put them on a pair of $700 cablees???) I guess if i were wealthy, I might try them. Seeing I am decidedly NOT wealhty, I'll keep my 'spare' $4K for important stuff. Like FOOD. LOL
I had a set of those $800 Reimyo wooden footers. Got them here for a few hundred buck. Very nicely made and all, but I just didn't hear much value in them. Of course, footers are very component and system dependent, but they just seemed very overpriced for what they were and did. IMO.