Recent equipment you hated, thought overpriced

Enough with the glowing accounts and positivity. What equipment have you bought in the last couple of years that you either just hated or thought sounded good but was significantly overpriced? Dish it out.
jult52
IF there is a rich and dumb audiophile market out there, I suppose someone will serve it.

Rich and smart do not always go hand in hand so I suspect there is such a market out there to target and scoring in that market is probably not all that hard in that the people would by definition be dumb (and rich). Actually probably pretty smart from a $$$s perspective to target that market. Smart people can be a pain in the arse and poor people probably have other priorities.

Would not be for me though. There is this ethics thing that my parents managed to ingrain in me that prevents me from taking advantage even of rich people who are fortunate yet perhaps not very bright, much less the poor..... Damn!

On the bright side, one less sin this year to repent......
Geoffkait involved in a discussion concerning the viability of tweaks? Unbelievable.
zydo, Just what would proof about a Quantum product, any other tweak, or component for that matter, consist of? A serious query, by the way. The lack of said proof, or even clear agreement what a proof would be, makes so many of these discussions circular, pointless and acrimonious.

I happen to agree about most tweaks, but not Quantum products and no, I could,nt give a coherent explanation of Quantum theory, to save my live. darn it, it works for me though. I can,t think of anyone who has listened to my setup and not heard a clear difference, largely, it seems from a lower noise floor. I agree they are overpriced, which is why I bought mine less than half price, second hand.

some items I have tried and been disappointed with, in no particular order:

stillpoint Ultra SS
Karan K180 integrated amp
living Voice Avatar speakers
nordost Valhalla power cable
Unison Research S6 integrated amp

I could go on. Most were second hand and sold at minimal loss, so not all bad.