Int amp help

Looking to relace / upgrade on my 20 year old yamaha R900 int amp.

I have old infinity rsb speakers and newer Paradigm ref studio 20's.

I am interested in "bang for the buck" stuff with power enuff to spare. Would like to get new or last years model and am inclined to pay under 1k for this.

suggestions welcome.
jakeulate86e2
Try the NAD C370 $699 ...$549 at Qaudio.com

I bought mine to hold me over for a little while in an expensive system and was stunned at it's perfomance. It is currently hooked up to $5500 Audio Physic Virgo III's and is driving them very nicely, great power with detail. Check out the recent review in stereophile Jan??

It is rated at 120W Stereophile tested it and it ran at 178W at 8ohms.

Bang for the buck with power to spare, look no further.
The LFD Mistral is a potent, smooth sounding int. amp. She's a tad over $1k. $1095 i think, but a large step up from the NAD amps.
Ahh, maybe so but with much less power, and this isn't your Daddy's NAD. I infact really used to dislike the dull lifeless sound of the NAD line. This unit is completely different, effortlessly powerful with a very refined and detailed high end. It throws a deep soundstage. Don't comment on this unit unless you have physically heard it, assumptions don't apply here.
The LFD Mistral is $1049 and has 50W, not exactly power to spare, the SE version has 75W but is $1495. These are very nice sounding amps, but not exceptional bargains by any means.