Looking for an amp for my Proac 1.5's.

Hi,

I've recently purchased a pair of Proac 1.5's. Great speakers. Currently running an older ADCOM GFA 555 200 w/ch.

Looking to upgrade amp and preamp and looking for suggestions.

Also, a buddy has an old Threshold s150 Class A amp for sale - would that be a good fit?
Ag insider logo xs@2xphil0618
If you're looking into solid state used gear, and are looking at Threshold, you want to look at the older T-100/200/400 series stuff! Actually,those speakers (I like) would do better with at least T200 or above! They run a good percentage in to class a compared to everthing else in that line. You might want to do a tube preamp on top to ad a bit of tube majic with the Proac's..I think you'd like th combo. That way you get the best of both worlds, with the control and slam of solid state!
Good luck
I recently listened to the 2.5's with Audio Research LS 25 / VT 100 combo at Progressive Audio in Columbus,OH.
They have a very impressive store and are obviously using Audio Research for a reason.
I currently own ProAc 1.5's. I'm driving them with a VTL TL-2.5 preamp and a Plinius SA-100 MkIII. I previously was using a pair of VTL MB-125 monoblocks. I agree with the previous post that the 1.5's sound their best with tube electronics. They can sound a tiny bit bright with SS amplification. The 1.5's are a highly resolving loudspeaker, so if you've a weak link in your system you'll know it...
This was years ago but if proac speakers signature hasnt changed then it might be worth 2cents.I heard small proacs few years ago,not sure what model but with tubed audio research pre and pair of rowland model ones bridged.Sounded pretty good to these ears.
Tim