who repairs sonic frontiers?

I am tempted to buy a used sonic frontiers tube power amp(the Power one).This would be my first time with tubes and I worry who would fix the amp if it needed repair since I understand the manufacturer has gone out of business.
Also, can anybody recommend a good (but not too expensive) preamp to go with the Power one?
rrm
I just had my Line 2 serviced. Sonic Frontiers (Audiostream) picks up the units across the border and brings them into Canada. No problems. Took about 3 weeks total -- 1 week shipping to NY, 1 week servicing, 1 week return. Shipping was $30 each way from Florida. Excellent service too.
Mdomnick,
Have you done any tube rolling yet and if so, what tubes?
Chances of seeing me in UT are slim to none - I'm getting too old to have reflexes fast enough to play that. Diablo2 and Strategy games are about my speed. I have some relatives in California, Missouri, and Jersey - all of which probably have warmer winter than Illinois. But I can guarantee you that my winter is far and away colder but without the humidity you likely get from the great lakes.
Too bad Cosmic, I am always looking for a good game. I know a guy, Coyote who is 47, who still plays, so don't use the age excuse!!!!:)

I have used Amprex, Sovtek, Telefunken, Siemens, RCA and some off brand Soviet made tube (MIGs??). The Soviet tubes were horrible in every way; I didn't hear too much of a difference between the Sovteks and Amprex tubes, but will be doing some more comparisons this weekend now that I have a quiet house to myself. I initially heard more white noise from the tweeters with the Amprex, but plan on putting my tube dampeners on them this weekend to remedy that.

The Siemens were tremendous tubes (I just bought another set today) and were very comparible to Telefunkens. I did not have a chance to do thourough test between the Siemens and Telefunken, but just know I was equally happy between the two. The RCA were sweet sounding tubes, and were definitly closer to the Siemens/Telefunken rather than the Amprex/Sovteks.

I'd be happy to hear your experiences/suggestions with tubes.

m-
Mdomnick,

Ok, the guy beats me by five. Still, I've never been good at first person shooters. Besides, when I get into a game I tend to go off the deepend and forget about all other things in this world - like eating, sleeping....

I just picked up the Line 1 a week and a half ago used ($950US or $1500 in Monopoly money $C). I am enjoying the sound quite a bit. I had been using my Onkyo 747 SRS receiver as a pre into my Anthem MCA-20 and the Line 1 just adds all kinds of good things like high frequency extension and air. The soundstage depth has improved tremendously. I have ordered an Audition cable package from Virtual Dynamics ( http://www.virtualdynamics.ca ). They should arrive Tuesday (Monday is Thanksgiving here). I have the Power 3 and Power 1 power cords here and they made a tremendous improvement in low end dynamics and added a little extra oomph to the sound level in that range as well. What got me going to the Audition package was that I had to exchange the Power 3 due to a defect in the IEC end plus I needed an extra PC now that I've added the pre and the cost would have been about 40% for what I truly needed but for the extra I get a whole lot more. I will report back once I get them and have time to do a proper evaluation on them. I will probably start a new thread in the cable section at that time. Currently using HT Pro-11 for speakers and HT Truthlinks between pre and amp. Cardas crosslink between Musical Fidelity A3CD and pre. Should connect my tape deck one of these days... .

Keep me posted on the tube experiments. I currently have the original 2.5 year old Sovteks in. Perhaps it might be time to go around to some of the old TV shop and look for NOS tubes.

T^2
Hi all. Count me in one how great the Line 1 is (especially for the price one can pick one up for on the used market). I really believe they are an steal at $900-$1000. I've found that Cardas Golden Reference cables matched with a Pair of Ediswans I had bought from Kevin Deal were a fantastic match. The Ediswan really added a ton of high end sparkle and the Cardas just made every thing very smooth. Have fun all. Mike.