What tube amp mates well with Sonus Faber Amati's?

I have recently purchased a pair of Sonus Faber Amati's and have not yet decided on an amp. One of the amps I have considered are the Cary 805c's however i was told the bass may be a bit defficient. The speakers are 92db efficient and are rated nominally at 4 ohms. The lowest dip is to 2.9 ohms. I would appreciate any thoughts on the Cary/Sonus Faber combination or any other amplification suggestions regarding this speaker. Thank you
rhythmace4218
Hi Rhythm: PLS let us in yr other secrets, i.e. pre? /cables / musical tastes (kind of music, sonic preferences)?
I'm taking a shot in the dark( :)), but here goes: no experience with the Cary but some with a few other tubes. General comment: the sound was lovely; warm & enveloping & "lush" (if you'll allow). Also detailed and dynamic. The low end was clearly outlined -- not very deep, but I didn't feel this was compromising the musical experience...
-CAT stereo/CAT ultimate pre (JL2 or whatever): beautiful and VERY dynamic
-Jadis 80 (same pre): probably better than the above -- even more musical
-KR 8000 (or is it 800?) monos, same pre & KR pre: CAT pre was better to my ears. Brute dynamics, FAST, soemtimes felt the amps were going to pop the drivers into the room -- but they didn't.
The wires were the same on all accounts: bearlabs IC, Nordost Valhalla speaker. My own after mkt PC, hard-wired to a dedicated secondary box. I listen to classical, vinyl & cd.
Hope this contributes some! Cheers
I have the same speakers, I have been shopping for amps as well. After speaking with several manufactures, this is what I learned:

Cary 805 - lovely sound and capable of playing decent volume, but won't do rock-n-roll. Sonus Faber has used 805 in many of their show demos, so they must like the 805 combination a lot. Bass will be soft, more than typical tube amps with push-pull design.

Jadis JA50 - the best sounding Jadis for the Amati according to the importer. Power corrupts, so the larger Jadis will not be as good as JA50 when you consider transparency and purity.

CAT JL2 - too new to know any history, but JL1 came highly recommended with Amati. Should be PP taken to the highest level.

I also know SF Power series, CJ, and ARC are all good with Amati with SF being the best among the three. SF has more drive capability and more neutral, lower distortion will also pay back on Amati.
I have heard the Amati's with Nagra VPA and PL-P preamp with Wadia 860 and Siltech cables. Highs and midrange were to die for but bass although quite deep was not very well controled. What about a pure class A amp like the Pass Aleph series or the older Classé DR-3? Closest to tubes but better bass control.