SS amps that sound like tubes?

I am looking for a solid state amp that you feel sounds like a tube amp with a 150 to 250 wpc power output rating. The amp must have high current capability. Price range new or used $3000 maximum. I have heard that GamuT amps offer a lush tube like sound although one reviewer stated the amp clipped when playing at loud volume levels. I have heard that Sonogy makes an amp that compares to the BAT VK-75 tube amp. Sonogy is little known amp company from New Jersey.

Thanks for your input and suggestions.
bigkidz
I replaced Rogue monoblock Magnum 120's with a Plinius SA100 MKIII and it was a very smooth transition, the Plinius is almost as liquid in the midrange but more extended with more detail and I prefer the tone as well. The Plinius hae very high current. I do not miss the Rogues.

I do not know if you can get a used Plinius SA250 for $3000 or you could get a SA100 MKIII for about $1800 and when you can afford it get another one and have awsome mono amp with about 350 watts.
If transistors could or would "sound like" tubes, why would anyone want to build or buy tubed amlifiers? My opinion (from experiance) that there is not such a thing as tube sounding solid state amp.
Monarchy SE-100 Delux monoblocks. $2400 new, much less used. Excellent reviews everywhere.
I use Ayre V-3s in my system in a biamped configuration. They put out 200 w/ch into a 4 ohm load. Very musical!