Bryston 7B Vs. Krell KAV250a

I need help in picking out a better amp between the Bryston 7B and the Krell KAV250a.

A pair of mono block Bryston 7B's at 500W/channel
Krell KAV-250a at 250W/channel

Thanks in advance.
htong
Interesting, indeed!
Somehow I stopped to pay attention to the power ratings above 100W/ch at all, seing signal of music so variable that even mega-powered amps tend to clip on unexpected freequencies under a bunch of different reasons.

Brystons in its whole line is the clear example. They don't clip painful or distructive, but sometimes you realy need to realize these second-octave piano notes that sound realy distructed especially on uncompressed recordings. I know that Brystons have to be matched carefully to the speakers. Vandys despite their lack of efficiency might be probably the best match to Brystons.

Seing rating of 500W/ch in Bryston 7B-st, I believe that less than third in terms of performance will be valuable.
I can say about Krells absolutely the same or maybe better designed, but still they sound too far from reality.

There are plenty of good "drivers" other than Bryston and Krell that can drive with the same output: Plinius, Pass, GamuT.
Dave1117, was the last sentence in the second paragraph of your above posting what you intended to say originally? It seems non sequitur. Sorry for this question.
The new Bryston SST series is a completly different beast then the old ST series of amps. Highs are more natural, sweet, and less fatiguing, and soundtage depth is deepened, with more layering. Much better then the old ST series, and The Krell stuff you mentioned which I find fatiguing and solid state sounding.........my ears anyway
dudeaudio
My best advice is to go out and listen to every amp you can find and then choose. This way you can purchase with confidence and not wonder if some other amp might have worked better. I listened to Krell, ARC, Plinius, Classe, McIntosh, Integra Research RDA7 (no it's not a repackaged BAT VK-6200) and BAT. I picked the BAT VK-6200 cause it plain does everything superbly - including running very cool. Take the time and listen for yourself.
Jameswei, got carried away with my thoughts, I think you can get the jest of the comment...