Usher DMD tweeter upgrade: worth it?

Is the Usher DMD tweeter a BIG upgrade over the BE? I have BE-718s (US ver) and like them a lot, but we always want to take it to the next level if possible, right? The cost of tweeters alone is $700, which is pretty steep, so is it worth the price?
eugene81
Usher BE718 already has a much better tweeter than its mid-bass driver. The thing that really needs an "upgrade" is the mid-bass driver. IMO adding a better tweeter (if it is really better) makes no sense at all, it is like adding better tires to the front of the car while the rear tires are the ones which have worn out.
Dear Betterbelizeit, You surely deserve a good bottle of
whysky; I will still keep 560 Euro. BTW I ivented the 'Holland Version' per analogy of the US price. But I have no idea if you in the US also need to return the Be
tweeters to your dealers? Ie comparing the prices of,say,
Scan Speak tweeters with Usher one should easely sell the
Be kind for 200 Euro a peace. BTW you forget to mention the
price difference with the 'new' BE-10 & BE-20 with the 'old' one. The 'Holland Version' of this difference is
about 6000 Euro. So it seems to be even worse then you assumed.
Regards,
There really worth it, it''s ten steps ahead comparing to the Beryllium. What they say about the Berylium, it's a better tweeter than the Diamond that's a big fairytale. The Diamond is has more 3d picture, better staging, more detail. I bought this tweeter in the netherlands at Wenw audio in Enschede. This is a great usherdealer in our country.

Stefan
Hi Stefan, It looks like: John is the tallest guy in the
class but Mark is longer. There is just one dealer or
importeur in the Netherlands of Usher. I am the only and
the single uncle of Maria in Holland so she is entitled
to refer to me as 'the most handsome uncle in Holland '.
To be (more) informative you should also mention the price
as well the circumstance if you needed to return your Be
tweeters to this 'great dealer'. BTW I bought from the same
dealer my Usher BE-20 but never heard from him since.
But I must agree with the fact that this dealer is inconparable because there is no other one to compere with.
Regards,
I have Be-20 with the original tweeter and last year got the new DMD tweeter installed.

First I have to say that I could not have care less about beryllium tweeter being beryllium/titanium tweeter. I bought the original speakers because I like what I heard and at that price point, I could not find anything locally that I prefer over Be-20. When it came to light that the tweeter is not pure beryllium, that certainly did not make my speakers performed any worse than when I thought it was pure beryllium.

Then I had a chance to hear Usher with new DMD tweeter and I did not hesitate to have the tweeters changed at all. As good as the original tweeters were, the DMD tweeter is smoother, richer sounding without losing any detail. Not that the old tweeter was thin sounding, the new tweeters just improved upon the older tweeters significantly IMHO.