Help -- my system is too bright

Recently, I upgraded my amplifier to a Krell FPB 350 MCX. I am getting amazing detail and clarity, bass is
tight and extended. I turned off my sub-woofer. The highs are also extended, but now my system seems to have a bright edge at the very top and is slightly fatiguing. Anybody else have this type of problem? What did you do about it?
rsbeck
Zaikesman --

My speakers are Monitor Audio Studio 60's. I am using
12 AWG 99.999% OFC Speaker cables.
Bob --

The AC filter is ordered and on the way. Might take a few weeks, but when I get it, I will post a review.

Here is the URL for Balanced Power Technologies

"http://web.valuenet.net/cjh/index.html"

I ordered the BP-3.5

I have read that people get results from Filtered PC's
on their digital sources. The Yamaha has a detachable
power cord, but the PC on the Yamaha is only a two
pronger -- what do you make of that?

In any case, I will keep the Yamaha for it's DVD
capability, but I am looking to upgrade my CD
player and then -- is a filtered PC redundant if
you are plugging it into a filter?

I am open to CD player suggestions.

Been reading great things about the Audio Aero Mark II.

Finally, when someone says a speaker wire "rolls
off the top end" -- how is that achieved?

Anyone know the science behind that?
Zaikesman, lack of brightness (which is dullness in my vocabularly) is frequently my complaint with the ProAc speakers I currently have. So there! Maybe I should get a Krell. :-) /dan
I think the "problem" is your the Monitor Audio's ultrasonic ringing. I've never heard the 60s but I've had the Studio 50s for three years and I (still) own a pair of Studio 20s. The MA tweeter has a very prominent ultrasonic peak that some people find fatiguing. It's possible that the Krell is exposing this peak more clearly than your previous amp. If you haven't already done so you should remove the mesh tweeter guard. You can carefully pry it off. The speaker is also sensitive to toe-in angle. Try listening slightly off axis.
Ditto the ProAc/brightness comment from Drubin. I loved them when I had them, but when getting new speakers, I wanted speakers that could make all the bells and whistles in Hi Fi...well, sound like bells and whistles.