Help -- my system is too bright

Recently, I upgraded my amplifier to a Krell FPB 350 MCX. I am getting amazing detail and clarity, bass is
tight and extended. I turned off my sub-woofer. The highs are also extended, but now my system seems to have a bright edge at the very top and is slightly fatiguing. Anybody else have this type of problem? What did you do about it?
rsbeck
Zaikesman, lack of brightness (which is dullness in my vocabularly) is frequently my complaint with the ProAc speakers I currently have. So there! Maybe I should get a Krell. :-) /dan
I think the "problem" is your the Monitor Audio's ultrasonic ringing. I've never heard the 60s but I've had the Studio 50s for three years and I (still) own a pair of Studio 20s. The MA tweeter has a very prominent ultrasonic peak that some people find fatiguing. It's possible that the Krell is exposing this peak more clearly than your previous amp. If you haven't already done so you should remove the mesh tweeter guard. You can carefully pry it off. The speaker is also sensitive to toe-in angle. Try listening slightly off axis.
Ditto the ProAc/brightness comment from Drubin. I loved them when I had them, but when getting new speakers, I wanted speakers that could make all the bells and whistles in Hi Fi...well, sound like bells and whistles.
Onhwy61 --

There's no mesh tweeter guard on the Studio 60's, but
you have a point with regard to off-axis listening. There
does seem to be less fatigue. I have been experimenting
with the toe-in. These speakers seem to sound good no
matter where you are in the room, or even whether you're
in the next, room, etc. You've piqued my interest in
the "ultrasonic ringing." This feels right. How did you find out about it? What causes it? How do I get rid
of it? In addition to other remedies, I'm thinking about some room treatments.

perhaps an RC Zoebel network installed across each of the tweeter's terminals may help, if in fact the ringing phenomenon is occuring. Dunno exactly how that could be verified, but it may be a fairly easy experiment to try out a network. I've never done one so can't explain how the RC values should be correctly calculated - member Sean may be able to assist with that; he's done this before.
Speaker cable HF rolloff can be related to cable capacitance / inductance; higher values of distributed capacitance in parallel with your load (the speaker) would somewhat attenuate the HF response, as would higher values of series inductance. MIT speaker cables may be worth trying here; they're internally networked by design, & can help to smooth out a brightness problem (it worked for me).
Regarding the 2 prong CDP AC cord: here's some ideas. If you want to experiment with a 3 prong style cord, then temporarily use a short (4" to 6" long) external handmade adapter device to convert from 2 to 3 prong IEC. During the experiment, the AC cord's shield will only go as far as the adapter, but if you like the sonic results then the IEC on the CDP can be changed to a 3 prong style, leaving the 3rd ground conductor unterminated if desired, or perhaps tied to chassis if no undesirable effects are introduced by doing so. Or the IEC on the end of the cord could be changed to fit the CDP's socket. Or the adapter harness could remain permanently if it's very short length & is made from quality conductor materials. Lots of options here. A Highwire Powerwrap helical adjustable filter installed onto the AC cord may be anoher inexpensive option to try.