Best preamp for McCormack amp

I just purchased a McCormack amp (DNA-2), and I'd like to know what preamp you consider the best match. Thanks for your time.

LDC
luvdemcritterz
I bought this unit from a guy on Audiogon just recently. I'll get it via fed x tomorrow, which just happens to be the big day that I'm heading out for my first cruise! Yahoo!

I'm just now taking a dive into high end audio. I have a pair of Polk SDA-SRS 2 speakers, and now this amp. Building up as I go, and I want to have nice (but not unreasonably expensive) equipment.

My critters.....four homeless cats and a pet rescue dog. Can't say no to a sad face I guess.

LDC

P.S. Saw a thread on here about females....count me in as a rare token representative. I'm a kinder, gentler version looking for those of you willing to help a damsel in distress figure her way through a bunch of technobabble I don't yet understand, but want to! Thanks for the replies!
OK....they're happy for the moment. Do you have a recommendation for a preamp? Is it best to stay with a preamp from the same manufacturer?
The TLC-1 would be one suggestion, from what you have shared about your system goals. It has the same look as your amp and not too expensive. I have heard good things about them. No remote, if that's important.
No necessarily. I have a DNA 225 and I run it with a First Sound Presence Deluxe MKI. It is a great combo. I have also heard that the ROGUE preamps, the 99 and the 66, which should be your price range will also fit the bill nicely. Furthermore, the DNA amp, retail price about $1795, with remote, I forgot the number, can be fetched for about $895....someone was selling it around here. The Sonic Frontiers preamps, SFL-1 Signature can also be had for about $700....a tube preamp will fit the bill nicely. Enjoy your pets and your new set up. I am surely enjoying mine now. PS: Also picket up a pound mutt back, one month after that big event in September 2001. I wonder if she enjoys the sound as I do.