Audible Illusions L-2 vs. Cary SLP-98

I'm building a two channel system. The only thing left to buy is a preamp. Two preamps I'm interested in is the Audible Illusions L-2 and the Cary SLP-98. ( no phono ) Is one better than the other ? I have heard the Cary (sounded very good) but not the AI . Or should I conceder another preamp ? Any thoughts would be appreciated. ( must have a remote ).

So far I have purchased,, Vandersteen 2cs sig's ,, Simaudio Equinox CD player ,, Belles 350A amp ..

Thank you, Stumpie
stumpie
Joe, good to see you back. It has finally started raining again. Hadn't rained in so long the ocean was going down! Audiowill is selling his Spendors---that's you---right. By the way, know of a good attorney? Audiowill sold me a bum CD player!
I just remembered last night that bigdaddyaudiowill had some Spendors after reading a review in an old Listener.
I can probably scare up an attorney... or 248.
I hope it wasn't the CAL- I liked that thing...
Did Dale let him shoehorn some Soundlabs into the house??
Maggie 3.6?? Wilsons??
He's looking at Maggies. The cd player came from Audio Warehouse---had a few nuts and bolts rattling around inside. The BIG dog got me another one.
Going to be interesting how he slips those babies by Dale if you know what I mean!
I have owned both and I still have the Cary. There is no comparison. The Cary will remain in my system for a long time. I have had BAT, Audiable Ill. and Audio Researh preamps and the Cary does one thing that these don't. It sounds like live music. It presents a lifelike soundstage with unbelievable depth. the only other preamp to conside would be the CJ17ls2