Tube amp to drive MBL 101's

I am looking for some tube amp suggestions to drive the 83db MBL 101's.
husk01
I own a pair of 101E's and use the CAT JL-3s with them. The combination is very good and the JL-3's drive the speaker to reasonable volume in my 14x20 room with authority and finesse. The 101's still have some discontinuity between the MR and lower drivers however.
Its important to understand that I listen at average volume levels of about 85-90 db with peaks in the upper 90's. That is all my room can handle before the room itself becomes a major factor(yes I have treated the room acoustically, but remember the sepaker radiates 360 degrees).
the sound of the CAT amps is not typically tube; it has the subtle finess of SET's but is clear and fast with a very good low end (better than most solid states in having both bass defintion and nuance)It is an amp that blends the best attributes of both tube anbd solid state with out the drawbacks. Having had a pair of Wavac 833 monos as well as Atmas-phere mA-2's i can say that the JL-3's betters both of those amps by significant margins
If you are not trying to go over 95 db average SPL I can whole heartedly recommend the JL-3's (they may play louder but i can't vouch for their efficacy)on the 101 e's
... One more thing, which was not fully clear from my post.

It is only the truly great tube amps like the CAT's that have output transformers of such quality that they can really nail the conversion of tube voltage into current. I cannot speak for Mr. Stevens or Speakerdude, but I believe that this is what they are saying.
My salesman at a well-known NYC store was adament that the VTL 750's, which he sells, could not drive the big PipeDreams, and even more adament that the VAC 70/70 (65 watts/channel) could drive the big Pipes with ease.

If a tube amp doesn't have first-class power supplies and first-class output transformers, it won't drive current-hungry speakers, regardless of ostensible watts. I have VAC 140 monos on my Revel Salons in my main system, not an easy speaker to drive, and have powerful, clean, highly refined sound.

And I have heard the CAT JL1 limited editions on my best hi-fi friend's Salons. Extraordinary.

Hope this helps.
"...but its really hard to grasp that an amp capable of delivering 1250 watts can't handle a 83db speaker even if its only delivering 10 amps of current-"

I do not find it difficult to grasp at all.
Speakerdude- Since you may no realize my questions were aimed at you, let me try again. Do you or don't you have experience with MBL 101(c,d or e's) paired with VTL, tube research labs and CAT?

P.S. I was going to let this one go, but since I am getting private hate email from it I figured I should continue ;)