Tube amp to drive MBL 101's

I am looking for some tube amp suggestions to drive the 83db MBL 101's.
husk01
My salesman at a well-known NYC store was adament that the VTL 750's, which he sells, could not drive the big PipeDreams, and even more adament that the VAC 70/70 (65 watts/channel) could drive the big Pipes with ease.

If a tube amp doesn't have first-class power supplies and first-class output transformers, it won't drive current-hungry speakers, regardless of ostensible watts. I have VAC 140 monos on my Revel Salons in my main system, not an easy speaker to drive, and have powerful, clean, highly refined sound.

And I have heard the CAT JL1 limited editions on my best hi-fi friend's Salons. Extraordinary.

Hope this helps.
"...but its really hard to grasp that an amp capable of delivering 1250 watts can't handle a 83db speaker even if its only delivering 10 amps of current-"

I do not find it difficult to grasp at all.
Speakerdude- Since you may no realize my questions were aimed at you, let me try again. Do you or don't you have experience with MBL 101(c,d or e's) paired with VTL, tube research labs and CAT?

P.S. I was going to let this one go, but since I am getting private hate email from it I figured I should continue ;)
I am wondering if I might be better off thinking about using ss amps instead of the tube approach. Specifically, I was entertaining the thought of using a Rowland 302 on top and a pair of 501's on the bottom. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
"Do you or don't you have experience with MBL 101(c,d or e's) paired with VTL, tube research labs and CAT?"

Yes. Do you? I didn't think so. You seem to depend on specs which are fine for newbies. For you "more watts" are "better" which demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding regarding the nature of electrical power.

"I am wondering if I might be better off thinking about using ss amps instead of the tube approach."

No. Although it's pretty hard to argue against mbl's own ss amps which are wonderful with mbl speakers and are second only on these speakers to the CAT amps in my experience.