Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
There is a reason why Boulder, Gryphon, Vitus, Vac & Kondo don't hard-wire their flagship amps, but shhhh, don't tell Audiolabyrinth ;)
Hi Audiolabyrinth,I think that if upgrading a male connector of the original power cord will ptoduce a benefit, then do it.However I'm not sure which male connector will fit better with outlet receptacle(I mean compatibility between them)I would define first the outlet that works better whith the Krell and after I would choose a male connector with the same base metal conductors in their pins.Ex.If you choose gtx d rhodium outlet which is made of pure copper then plated with rhodium, then I would choose a connector with pure copper as base metal and plated with rhodium as well.Cheers.Raf
Rafael0054, since I know Gold does not mix with Rhodium, pending that all this works out, The Furutech FI-50 plug I would get will be Rhodium, I really would not have a choice, have you read the info on this plug?, spectacular it is, It is said that this plug does more High performance than the wpo's, what's your take?
Rafael0054, I was wrong!, The Carol 3/1 solid core conductor, oil and water resistance, 600 volts power cord on the Krell is $200.00 a foot, more exspensive than beldin power cords, when I put a Furutech FI-50 or FI-52 Rhodium plug on the end of this stock power cable, it should be way better than before.