Can the Manley Neoclassic 300B handle a 2 ohm load

Hi all,

l am very interested in this amp, however my speakers have a load dip down to 2 ohms, although nominally they are 3 ohms plus. Rated at 96db efficency however.

Would the Manley be OK with this type of load, or will the bottom end be MIA?

Cheers Simon
mondie
Don't be red Gregadd,
You could use it as a preamp or 300B power amp 2W/ch onto 8Ohms.
To 2Ohms probably not even half-watt.
Thanks for all the great repsonses.

While not what l wanted to hear it seems there are other options l can look into. l will check out the Decaware and impedance matching autoformers. l am matching upto a Supratek Cabernet so maybe a solid state amp may be OK. l am sure there are nice, natural sounding ones out there, l just havent heard them yet :)

Anyhow, enjoy your Xmas break all.

Cheers Simon
Simon,

For a nice, natural sounding solid-state amp, you might want to consider the Channel-Islands VMB-1. I own a pair of these relatively inexpensive solid-state mono-blocks and they are very good, even spectacular considering the $999 list price. And they come with a generous return policy.

There are some comments about them on the AudioCircle web forums.

I really like them. They are 40 watts/channel, small and generate almost no heat. They are a similar design to a GainCard or GainClone amplifier. These are sometimes also referred to as "chip amps".

I have currently replaced a series of tube amps with the CIAudio VMB-1s and don't miss a thing......

Enjoy,

TIC
Reubent,

Thanks for the Decware suggestion. l have spent the last couple of hours searching for info on them. They are very highly regaraded and can handle the 2 ohm load. Look like a great option and with a return policy too got to be worth considering.

Cheers
The H2O, reviewed here, is stable to at least 1 ohm, 76 db. I know. That is what my speakers are rated. The stereo version of the H2O sells for $2500.