What can you tell me about First Sound pre-amps?

Only recently have heard about these pre-amps. Are they as good as they are made out to be? Is the least expensive model as good as say a R0land Synergy? I live in Seattle and have never heard of this pre-amp so any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry.
dumboatc8da
Thank you Eps, but the cables which I have chosen work very well in my system. They are not bright and I have compared them against megabuck cables from Siltech, Purist Audio, Marigo Labs and NBS, I will stick with what I have. The only cable which I can't really vouch for is the Shunyata, because I really haven't experimented with power cords on the F.S. Also, with my CAT pre in the system, it is never bright. Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining at all about the F.S. because I love it, but at least in my system, it IS the cause of what I hear.
Excellent description, Rayhall. It is rare to read such a thoughtful discussion of a component's sound, and yours is both detailed and refreshingly free of cliches and empty descriptors.
Hi Rayhall. Excellent description. I may have heard osme of that agressiveness in my FS, but was never able to articulate it as well. I would also say i forgave it because it is such an involving preamp, and did all those other things sooooo very well. I no longer have mine, but miss it. Im looking hard at the CAT for my system, and would be very interested in what/how the two preamps differ in your system, aside from what you already mentioned aboutthe CAT not having any of that hardness.

Much appreciated - Art