ATC SCM-35

what could be the best matching amplifier for ATC SCM-35?
gustav7572
I thought it was a good pairing. It provided a dynamic setup with nice detail and bass response. I also heard the speakers through the ATC integrated. I thought they were very similar with the Cary having a slightly richer lower midrange, and the ATC more inner-detail.

As you know probably know, the speakers are very detail and neutral with a phenominal midrange. If you go with an amp that has a brittle upper-end (such as an older, krell kav series)it may provide a fatiguing experience. I wouldn't blame the speaker. ATC's should never come across as fatiguing unless its the amp or actual music selection.

Just my opinion.
If your speaker can accomodate it, the best match is the ATC active amplification module. You can purchase it from dealer. It comes with active x-over and power amps that can be mounted on the backpanel of the speakers.
Jbello,

I agree with you ... a second hand Bryston with time left on the 20 year warranty is such great value....ATC's need and can handle some juice, especially in the smaller models, and a larger Bryston does the job very well!