Guitar Solos

As a serious music listener and a musician,(although I am a drummer) nothing makes me shiver like a good guitar solo. It's seems to be a dying art,at least in popular music. Still lots of good guitar in blues and jazz. Some of my favs : Dear John by Jack Semple ,La Grange By Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Aqualung By Martin Barre with Jethro Tull and Bluest Blues by Alvin Lee. I'd love to check out some other peoples favs, a couple old and maybe a couple new??
billbeat
You might want to pick these two up:

Neal Schon - i on u

John Scofield - that's what I say [plays the music of ray charles]

Enjoy,
L
I'm surprised there are only a few SRV mentions. Probably because most already know of him is my guess. Regardless, I think "Lenny" is one of his greatest.
More of a 'lick' than a solo, but Brian May on Bohemian Rhapsody...

Then Stevie R V's version of Little Wing...

Santana's Samba Pa Ti.....

goosebump city!
TVAD,

No heat at all. I like the "beat it" solo from EVH also. I think the 80's had the best guitar solos.

The 90's got a little out of control with virtuosity (if that's a word?). I prefer music for music's sake rather than hearing "look how fast I can play this practice etude" in the middle of a song.

As talented as SRV was and I think he was amazing. His solos just sounded redundant to me after awhile.

Rob
•Eric Gale's solo on Grover Washington Jr.'s "Mr, Magic"
•George Benson's solo on "Take Five" from "Bad Benson".
•Stevie Ray Vaughn's solo on "Tight Rope" from "In Step"
•Carlos Santana's solo on "Oye Como Va" from "Abraxas"
•Grant Green's solo on "Idle Moments" from "Idle Moments"
•Johnny Winter's solo on "Mojo Boogie" from "Third Degree"
...where to stop???