Jazz Big Band Recommendations?

Are there any other Big Band fanatics out there? I'm looking for some new stuff. Not the usual oldies (Basie, Ellington, etc.), but some good modern big bands that may not be that well known.
nighthawk
Just to follow up, I bought several CDs based on the recommendations given here. There's lots of good stuff, but if I had to pick one outstanding find it would be the Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band. I bought "Swinging for the Fences" and "XXL". Both are great. Goodwin's style is uniquely his own but reminds me of Rob McConnell, Les Hooper, Tommy Newsom, and Louis Bellson in spots. It is of the more straight-ahead variety than avant-garde. If you haven't heard of these guys I urge you to check them out.
Nighthawk, thanks for the input. I also went out and bought the same two discs that you bought. Wow what a kickin group. Lots of styles, and lots of appearances from greats.

Thanks,
Michael Wolff
I just ordered Big Phat Band off Ebay a few days ago. Sounds like I'm in for a big surprise. Have any of you guys tried any of the CDs I mentioned earlier?
Nighthawk, if you like Big Band stuff, you must have a pretty good system huh?
boy, did you guys hit my sweet spot with is thread.

Here's the webpage for one of the best kept secrets in Big Band Jazz: http://www.knoxjazz.org/. CDs available.

Also, I've been doing a lot of traveling lately to Paducah, KY. You won't believe this but the Basie band was there in March....and Maynard Ferguson was there just a few weeks ago.....in Paducah Kentucky! BTW, I think Maynard also has a new Big Band CD out.