What was your first music that you paid for?

In fifth grade I received a stereo for Christmas. What a mistake my parents made, I never stopped the hobby. My firat album was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass with :What Now My Love" my first 45 was "Guitarzan by Ray Stevens and the first 8-track was Frijid Pink.

What was the first music you purchased?
jothompson
First album I ever purchased was The Doors "Soft Parade" when I was in about fifth grade. I wasn't too popular with the Archies set. Of course, I wasn't too popular with my mother, either, when she heard Morrison cry out, "you cannot petition the Lord in prayer!"
At 10 or 11 I bought an album with Beethoven's 5th and 9th symphonies. I distinctly recall travelling to Chicago from the suburbs to go to a museum with some neighbour kids. Somewhere in downtown Chicago was a small record store. I think that it might have been the first real record store that I visited. I might have purchased some 45s before that from a dime store, but I don't recall what.
Something by the Roach sisters.Keep On Doing. I liked their version of the Hallelujah chorus.
Blood, Sweat & Tears + Santana 3 + Miles Davis - On the Corner.
Still happy with these albums....
Around the World with Three Dog Night - double live album that totally blows all their studio versions away. Listen to 'Mama Told Me Not to Come' and tell me I'm wrong!