What was your first music that you paid for?

In fifth grade I received a stereo for Christmas. What a mistake my parents made, I never stopped the hobby. My firat album was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass with :What Now My Love" my first 45 was "Guitarzan by Ray Stevens and the first 8-track was Frijid Pink.

What was the first music you purchased?
jothompson
At 10 or 11 I bought an album with Beethoven's 5th and 9th symphonies. I distinctly recall travelling to Chicago from the suburbs to go to a museum with some neighbour kids. Somewhere in downtown Chicago was a small record store. I think that it might have been the first real record store that I visited. I might have purchased some 45s before that from a dime store, but I don't recall what.
Something by the Roach sisters.Keep On Doing. I liked their version of the Hallelujah chorus.
Blood, Sweat & Tears + Santana 3 + Miles Davis - On the Corner.
Still happy with these albums....
Around the World with Three Dog Night - double live album that totally blows all their studio versions away. Listen to 'Mama Told Me Not to Come' and tell me I'm wrong!
Bob Dylan's Highway 61 and the Temptations Greatest Hits (I think). Still a Dylan fan and am soon going to a reunion concert of the local R&B bands that played our high school dances. Some things never change.