Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
Interesting news Treyhoss. Thanks for the input.

I was simply ignoring Essentialaudio because his comments made no sense to me. I assume he thinks I'm listening to music, so ????????????? Yes I did comment on SACD, that is the reason for this thread, all the other he comments on?????????

If he means I'm not listening to MP3, cassettes, real to real, 8 track... then he is right.

No matter, his comments were so far off topic, they meant nothing to me. Maybe he's upset because I haven't bought a cassette deck from his "audio" store.
Treyhoss, my information came from a friend who works for a large retailer of recorded music.

Jadem6, why the caustic remarks? Clearly you did not understand my post. You are guessing badly. Whatever. I'm going back to listening to music.
Thanks Essentialaudio!

As you know, company news releases and reality can be two different things with the truth often residing in the middle.
The 2 unconfirmed Sony SACD titles carry catalog numbers that indicates SACD, however they're listed as CD at Sony's webstore.

Currently, as of 12/01/2005, sa-cd.net lists 3,414 SACD titles released worldwide. Looks like the number of titles released will cross over the 3,500 mark by year's end. A number of months ago, sa-cd.net stopped listing new titles from the Hong Kong/China/Taiwan region, but this is one of the most active regions in terms of SACD releases. These releases are now listed on Sony's European superaudio-cd.com website. We are actually now very close to 3,450 titles.
IMHO, it's always been about the software available. They just never stepped up to the plate to support the format in terms of releasing titles that most people can relate to. I have stayed on the sidelines for awhile now because there's just so few titles I would be interested in owning. I've been an audiophile for alot of years (I'm 47) and over those years, I haven't meet alot of people who are into high-end audio equipment. Of the ones I have met and know, none of us would be interested in Duran Duran, Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone, The Legend of Zorro soundtrack or The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. I wouldn't buy one release Treyhoss mentions. For goodness sake who are they marketing to? There is a very limited audience to start with and then they release titles that only an ever smaller audience would like, it's no wonder it's not going anywhere. The price of equipment has come down in an effort to appeal to a broader audience, but really, I don't know any 20-30 year olds who would run out and buy Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone, The Legend of Zorro soundtrack or The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. Just my two cents.

Mike.