John Lennon

As this is the 20th anniversary of the tragic death of John Lennon i would like to share my respect with all Audiogon members.
mikec
I live near the Dakota, and remember seeing John Lennon walk by, what a cool person he seemed to be. His work and efforts helped me and so many people to move forward in their life that it is worth a moment to remember him with gratitude.
Must a musical icon be beyond fault? World changing music, messages of love and tolerance, tempered by personal failings {Hey Jude where's your dad?}. Musical genius and culture changing icon? Certainly. Great man? Can't say. I loved the Beatles ever since I heard them on my transistor radio as a kid. Loved the stuff he put out post Beatles. I wish I had never read about his relationship with his own son. He did not think of himself as a god( the Jesus Christ comments were clearly misconstrued) but he and the Beatles really did change the world. But he was human. He has touched us all and I honor his memory.
Perhaps any negative comments I have concerning John Lenin are best reserved for another time. I respect how many of you have deep feelings for the man. Any comments I have made are not in reference to John Lenin. I know very little about him personally and I don't pretend to know the heart of every public person. My comments are primarily aimed at the over-significance that we give to famous people.
I listented to "A Day In The Life" and cried, just like I did 20 years ago (same vinyl).
I just want to let Kevperro know that he's not alone in his sentiments and in answer to his question it seems to be some kind of inflationary economics of envy/adoration similar to the related scapegoat phenomenon. Witness princess Diana, et al. The enigma of glamour