Rogue Owners Unite

Hello Rogue Owners. The goal of this thread is to let Rogue owners discuss the tubes they have tried in their amps/preams and discuss other tweeks that have been implemented with success. It would also be nice if you'd post your system components to help us compare notes.
buckingham
I would think that the 6SN7's are GE. The Magnum 99 has upgraded NOS tubes and GE are more readily available 6SN7's for NOS.
When I bought my 99 they came with Penta Labs 6SN7 tubes.
I had ordered the Rogue with NOS 6SN7's and I was curious as to what they really were.
I called Penta Labs and talked to a really rude guy.
He would only tell me they are Penta.
"are these tubes NOS and if so what are they"?
"they are Penta Lab tubes"
"I know they are Penta Lab tubes but you didnt make them.Can you tell me who did"?
"they are Penta Lab tubes"
I called Mark and he said they are G.E.'s
I now have some NOS Russian 6SN7's Mark sent me.
I feel they are very close to the G.E.'s but I like the G.E.'s a bit better.They are slightly more detailed.
Im putting the G.E.'s back in this weekend.
Buckingham- I dont think the sand tweak would apply to your Tempest.Check with Mark to be sure.
Philjolet-That Sovtek 12AX7 is your problem.Get a very low noise NOS for that position in your phono stage.
Try a Tungsram SLN=super low noise.This is one quiet AND sweet sounding tube!!
Philjolet-those Phillips are 12AU7's and decent tubes.
Ask Mark what your 6SN7's are.He'd know.
I just got a Rogue 99 Magnum two days ago. I didn't even check to see what tubes were in it. I know they are supposed to be NOS of some kind. I've only had a chance to listen for a few hours. so far I've found it to have a slightly veiled, closed in sound with a rolled off high end. Can I expect things to open up in due time? I have it running with a McCormack DNA 125, Arcam 92, Dynaudio 72's and Acoustic Zen cables. Thanks for any advice.