Cryo treated wires?

What difference does it make? Has anyone compared the before and after result?
rainchild
Lak brings up an interesting point with outlets- many have compared and heard the difference in cryo treated outlets vs. non cryo treated outlets.
I have also heard the huge difference between cryoed and non-cryoed outlets. I have not done cryo on any wires or power cords, but can recall reading a post at Audioasylum suggesting that alloys (ie. power contacts in receptacles) probably respond more to cryo treatment than a non alloy metal with a very high purity. I don't know whether this is true or not, having no experience with it, but simply present the idea in the context of the outlets being very easy to distinguish, with the possibility of improvements in cables and power cords possibly being more subtle.
Cyro treating is like everything else in this hobby. It will change the sound of your system compared to non-cyro'd wires. This change had been beneficial to many, but not for everyone who has tried it. Getting more or less of something from the cable change, can just as likely throw a system out of balance, as correct it.
While i can't remember who it was, someone here on Agon posted a comparison between three identical cables. One was "stock" and was simply used like any other cable i.e. it was put into a system and a musical signal passed through it. Another cable was "burned" on a cable burner. I think they used a Mobie, but i can't recall for certain. The third cable was cryogenically frozen.

If memory serves me right, this individual felt that both the burned cable and the cryo'd cable were noticeably superior to the "stock" cable in most every aspect. The differences between cryo'ing and "burning" were relatively negligible according to their post. Once again, i'm working off of memory and this was at least a year or two ago.

My personal experience is that there is a very noticeable difference between "stock" cables and cables that have been "burned" on a good burner. I have never had any cryo'd wires in any of my systems nor done comparisons in other systems, so i can't say much about that. Given the very positive effects that i've had with "burning", having a cable cryo'd might simply be another layer of frosting on top of an already good tasting cake. Sean
>
Ohlala; I'll stand by my original post. Please re-read it if it's not clear to you. I was insulted because you impugned my integrity. As to sources for info on cryo treatment, try the A'Gon, AA and other audio site archives. You should actually try some cryo treated products-- you might like them, and outlets are not that expensive relative to many things in the high end.

I appreciate the other posts by Lak, Hdm, Abex, Sugarbrie, Sean, and Tireguy about their observations on cryo treatment. I find myself in good company. Cheers. Craig