Neuance or Z Slab shelf for Zoethecus rack???

I am buying a Z4R rack from Zoethecus. Is it worth the effort to go extra mile to get the Neuance shelves instead of the factory Z slab shelves??? I have heard different stories about both shelves' sonic effects. I am very confused and can't make up my mind which way to go. Thanks much for your kind inputs.
ifatchoi
Hi Bob,
I just just saw this post and have resent my reply to your enquiry of 4-08-03,8:31 PM to which I replied the following morning ,in less than 12 hours of it's receipt.
I have not received any other communications.
Regards,
Ken
OK Mr. Lyon thanks I'll try again - perhaps I entered my email address incorrectly as nothing was rcv'd here; thanks for your repeat efforts that's appreciated. I'll try to use the Audiogon remailer this time. I left my order detail info. @home - my email is @work. best rgds, bb
Bob_bundus

This is his e-mail address. He not only has a faboulous product, but is one of the best at answering e-mails.

greaterranges@msn.com

Richard
thanks Richard I'll try via that approach.
Ken Lyon I've sent additional inquiries through your website & through the Audiogon remailer on Friday evening, but still I have no response. Frustrating. So far the Mapleshade shelf hasn't solved all of my problems, but it is an improvement. I'm still experimenting with it.
Hi Bob,
I received your e mails via the AG server and also thru the website's cgi contact form.I replied to both of your listed e mail addresses, responded via the AG server and also resent and re-replied via the contact form.I also tried to call one evening but you were not available at the time. I am not having any difficulties that I am awares with my email nor the website as I have been in ongoing communication with a number of other folks in the interim.Whatever the cause,I don't believe that it is a technical problem on this end.
Here's the text of my last resent reply, minus your submission info. Included are my mailing address, phone and office hours.I hope you don't mind my posting it's contents publicly but I think it will help get things rolling and give us a starting point.
Best,
Ken

Hope one of these gets thru.

best,
k

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 8:52 PM
To: bobb@spacecom.com
Subject: Neuance enquiry, Bob Bundus

-Resend-
Hi Bob,

Nice to hear from you.
I can do a Neuance platform that would suit your:

1) Accuphase pre, EAD 2000 CDP & Magnum Dynalab tuner
OR
2)Accuphase preamp, Accuphase amplifier and VPI HW19 IV

Unfortunately, I don't have a Neuance construction that would span the entire weight range that you propose and still perform optimally for every component. FWIW,you'll find that the greatest benefits of Neuance will be to your TT, CDP and preamplifier.
Cost for either version in a 19" x 15" size is US$175 each plus US$13.5o shipping to your address.
I can accept payments by checque(personal is fine), money order or PayPal.Turnaround is currently about 5-6 weeks due to the high demand since the introduction of the revised Neuance line.
Let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions, please feel free.I'll do my best to be of help, Neuance or not.
Thanks.

Best,
Ken Lyon

GreaterRanges/Neuance
15304 63rd St Ct East
Sumner,WA. USA 98390
253.863.3449 tel/fax
greaterranges@msn.com
www.neuanceaudio.com/
Mon-Thur 11-6 pacific

btw-
These new Neuance units are an adaptation/evolution of the previous Beta model. The original intent was to have a separate unit specifically designed for freestanding tabletop use rather than support on upturned spikes, etc to reach those that don't have the option of a Target-type stand.
In order to accomodate the increased energy storage of its likely placement on heavy furniture, I threw out my self-imposed,somewhat arbitrary thickness limit of ~ 1-1/4" which was set to accomodate tightly spaced racks.
I increased the absorbtion capacity of the core module and adjusted the laminate structure to suit.
What I didn't expect was that I'd not only match the performance of the then-current Alpha on a spike decoupled support, I actually bettered the regular line by what I'm measuring by as much as a 6dB attenuation at specific frequencies near the extremes of the aubible bands and overall averaging an approx 3dB decrease in the noise floor without any trade-offs that I have been able to ascertain.
Obviously, I had no choice but to make the new platform a replacement for the previous Neuance line-up and dropped the upturned spike support requirement entirely.
The "badboy" designation that you've read about isn't an official moniker for the new Neuance platforms.
I've been working on and off on the freestanding platform project for nearly 3 years and I had to call it something to diferentiate the platform prototypes from the regular line-up.A friend had been bugging me for some time asking the pointed question:" Hey Lyon, when you gonna get that badboy finished?". I've been jokingly referring to the project as the "badboy" ever since. The whole Badboy designation unfortunately seems to have stuck with some of my clients that had asked for a freestanding version before it's introduction.Because of the shift in usage from a separate single-purpose product added to the line to being the " new, improved " latest generation of Neuance, I'm trying to squash the badboy thing as it has just added confusion to the product lineup.