power conditioning - source vs amps

Someone whose opinion I respect has told me that the PS Audio powerplant's work better for source equipment, and the Shunyata Hydra 8 works better for the amps. Has anyone else had that experience or care to comment?
johnax
After installing dedicated AC lines, I ditched the power conditioners, but threw a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet on each line (with the 20A high current version for the amps), and a third one for the TV and VCR (on an existing, non-dedicated line), and I am very happy with the results. Interestingly, it was my 20+ year old (but high end, for the time) television that received the most noticeable benefit from the UO's.

Tom.
Tom, you ditched the power conditioners? What were they? How come you're using, now, PS UO if you didn't require power conditiners after your dedicated outlet installation? What could they be doing better than a good pc? I'm confused. peace, warren
Tom, what are those PS OUs doing for you, that your power conditioner wasn't? Dedicated outlets, but you're still going with those OUs rather than a power conditioner? I'm confused. What kind of pc did you have?
Well, my power conditioner wasn't top notch, it's an Adcom ACE-515, but I felt that it was not allowing the full current to go through. My concerns were surge suppression, and noise filtering, but without bottle-necking my current. I feel that the UO's are providing me with that. I suppose that I could have gone with a more expensive power conditioner, but from what I had read, the Ultimate Outlets seemed like a more cost effective option, and they have worked well for me so far.

Tom.
Tom, I respectfully disagree. The PS OUs are certainly less expensive, but that's it. There's no cord that will replace an excellent power conditioner. You might want to consider something like the Audio Magic Mini Stealths. Non current limiting. Fasten your seatbelt, you'll see what killer electric will do for your system. Perhaps,it's a tad expensive, but watch the 'gon for used Mini Stealths. They are inexpensive and quite amazing. peace, warren