Best excuse for playing loud music?

Have you ever been told to turn the volume down on you hifi system? What is your best excuse for offending someone else?

The best I have heard came from a friend back in high school. His brother used to play music really loud in his upstairs bedroom. When his mother would ask him to turn it down, he would say, "I can't, I'm recording." His mother bought the excuse every time.
key_metric
Jmcgrogan2, Ya, but does it work!!

Xiekitchen, I agree with with you, some music you just have to play loud. Pink Floyd,"Dark Side Of The Moon",and just about any Led Zeppelin. And many many more.
But when I listen to "Sinatra", "Tony Bennett","James Taylor", or "diana Krall" and many more, I listen at a more moderate level.But never softly!..
And then there are some artists when both loud and moterate levels, one that comes to mind is "Bob Seger."
My best friend's mother claimed that listening on headphones would lead to marijuana use. So he bought her the LP "Who's Next" for Christmas, and we listened to it as loud as possible in order to quell her worries that we might be slipping into dubious (pun intended) activity.

When she asked, "What is teenage wasteland?" we just shrugged, and said, "We have no idea," and turned the music louder.
I am very fortunate in that all my nieghbors are extremely tolerant of loud music. They are more apt to take offense to the recording, given it is one they dislike and I have played too often for their comfort...like, just once! Something gruesome, say, like Bing Crosby singing Christmas songs.Ella Fitzgerald singing beatles songs. I like it.