Is 9'x11' too small?

I am considering using a small home office as a dedicated listening room. I could clear out the room and have it dedicated to gear only (and a chair or two and CD racks). This would allow me to acoustically treat the space (as I can't now in my listening room of the living room). The problem is (or might be) and my question to you is; the room is only 9'x11'x8', is this too small?
jh2os
'Calculator' Results:

Using the potential room layout & dimensions shown here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1106460038&read&keyw&zzroom%20layout

The calculator gave me back these results:

Sitting Postion Peaks:
Single Peaks 125.4 / 250.9
Sitting Position Nulls:
Single Nulls 62.7 / 188.2

Seems pretty promising?

If I play with the numbers a bit, I notice that if I position my sitting position 6" off center, there are no peaks/nulls, but I understand this may cause other problems with soundstaging, etc.? Any thoughts/education on these results?

Thanks Rene, for your off-line comments!
Kray, I would have a window directly behind my gear as well, not directly behind the speakers, but close enough. I currently have 2" wood blinds on both windows in the room, but I would consider putting up oversized curtains that actually fill the back wall behind the gear and speakers. I am thinking I could make some homebrew acoustical treatments with Armstrong's SoundSoak Material? I have relatively cheap access to this material and could have corner and wall treatment for the whole room for only about $100!

Spacekadet, nice inherited gear! I would love to hear my Totems on McIntosh gear! That is also inspiring that I can maybe move up the Totem line, while still in a small space.

Aroc, I am basing the system around Totem Arros at this point. Pairing them with a Cairn Fog v.2 and PrimaLuna Prologue Two. As far as AN gear, I used an AN DAC One.1 in my system breifly, but can't say I was overly impressed with it? It may have been the pairing (Classe' CDP.3 and Plinius 8200mkII at the time), but I wasn't wowed. AN may be like Naim in some respects, that it works together better with an all AN system? I've also read that AN is one of those 'love it / hate it' kin of things. While I didn't 'hate it', it didn't stay in my system long. It was replaced with the Cairn Fog actually.
I too am in the this same process. While reading, I hit upon an idea of setting things perpendicular. The speakers coming out of one corner and the listening position in the opposite corner (kitty corner). This was used by a speaker designer that was having a problem with a room and could not tame it with room treatments. I am going to try it. My room is 10x10x8, square is even tougher !
YesSaki70, I would try a diagonal speaker placement in that 10x10 square room of yours.