Is 9'x11' too small?

I am considering using a small home office as a dedicated listening room. I could clear out the room and have it dedicated to gear only (and a chair or two and CD racks). This would allow me to acoustically treat the space (as I can't now in my listening room of the living room). The problem is (or might be) and my question to you is; the room is only 9'x11'x8', is this too small?
jh2os
I too am in the this same process. While reading, I hit upon an idea of setting things perpendicular. The speakers coming out of one corner and the listening position in the opposite corner (kitty corner). This was used by a speaker designer that was having a problem with a room and could not tame it with room treatments. I am going to try it. My room is 10x10x8, square is even tougher !
YesSaki70, I would try a diagonal speaker placement in that 10x10 square room of yours.
Saki70, I had a diagonal placement in one of my previous rooms and loved it. Only problem the room has to be pretty much square to do that, which yours seems to be. Only thing that gets slightly difficult in the diagonal placement is to place speakers far enough from the back/side wall.

Good luck!
Thanks for the help guys.
Restock; I have been wondering about that myself. I will be using Soliloquy 6.2's once they arrive and get broken in. Any suggestions ?

I read, on a reply, that an a'goner stated not to place the equipment in the corner behind the speakers. I asked him why but did not receive an answer. Something to check!