Fuses that matter.

I have tried six different fuses, including some that were claimed to not be directional. I have long used the IsoClean fuses as the best I have heard. No longer! I just got two 10 amp slow-blows WiFi Tuning Supreme fuses that really cost too much but do make a major difference in my sound. I still don't understand how a fuse or its direction can alter sound reproduction for the better, but they do and the Supreme is indeed! I hear more detail in the recordings giving me a more holographic image. I also hear more of the top and bottom ends. If only you could buy them for a couple of bucks each.
tbg
Question. If you have a fuse holder do the chips go on the side of the fuse?
Geofffkait, the effects of those for speakers are so different from one location to another that you might expect that. Those on cables suggest otherwise. They are hard to get to stick to nylon covers. I carefully pressed them around the speaker cables and found a big improvement. One night while still enjoying them, I noticed that one was just hanging by one corner. When rewrapped it and held it fast with tape, it sounded the same. On fuses, the Cable Company suggested putting them on the ends on the sides or the ends themselves depending on where your fuse contacts were. I experimented with each as well as in the center. I don't know where vibration would most affect a fuse. Finally for those for transformers, I experimented with putting it on the core, on the windings, and on the screw down. All locations sounded the same.

All of these experiences cause me to doubt that they are vibration dampening. I cannot think of better tests of this hypothesis.

Ozzy, as I said above, I don't think it matter much where you put the Chip.
Tbg, you might have missed the smiley face after what I had intended to be a tongue in cheek comment regarding vibration control. Perhaps there's a clue in the name, WA Quantum Chip. Hmmmm.......
Hifitime,

While what you're saying is absolutely true, because the sound/electricity is theoretically modulated by what it passes through and because you can't actually hear each and every one of these changes, it ultimately doesn't matter. Let me explain:

Let us say that the sound passes through copper, silver, aluminum, copper, in that order. It provides sound A. Another time it passes through aluminum, copper, copper, aluminum, silver. This is sound B. Even though both create a different sound, perhaps better, perhaps worse, adding yet another metal will likely change the sound again and replacing one of these metals may improve the sound; I would find it difficult to believe that adding more transitions would improve the sound, but if you replace an inferior conductor with a superior one that could improve sound.

Anyway, my point is that, regardless of how many metals the sound has moved through becomes somewhat irrelevant since it still produces a final sound you have to live with on a daily basis and MIGHT be able to be improved upon. That said, I'm not trying to defend any particular 'tweak', just saying it is a theoretically attainable end I think.

As an aside, when I type your name into my iPad hifitime, it tried to write "hotly me". Does your name have a secret meaning perhaps? ;)
Anyway, my point is that, regardless of how many metals the sound has moved through becomes somewhat irrelevant since it still produces a final sound you have to live with on a daily basis and MIGHT be able to be improved upon. That said, I'm not trying to defend any particular 'tweak', just saying it is a theoretically attainable end I think.
A one inch fuse changing the sound after passing all of those various metals still makes no sense.

As an aside, when I type your name into my iPad hifitime, it tried to write "hotly me". Does your name have a secret meaning perhaps? ;)
Aewhistory (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

It's your ipad, not mine. Does the ipad have a history of searching for similar entries you may have made? I'm just an audio person. Maybe your ipad needs a designer fuse... No secret meaning though.