PMC vs. ATC

Anyone with experience of these two brands?
The models i am interested in are as follows,
PMC MB-2/IB-2 "vs." ATC SCM 50/100/150
(also the active versions)
Compaired head to head, the same electronics (if not active), room aso..
I know the PMC is a transmission line speaker but what about ATC?

Thanks!
128x128inpieces
You are being a bit hard on yourself there - I think you gave equal account of yourself ;-)
pmc's are consistantly outstanding throughout the line, though pretty much the 'imf' or 'tdl' of today. the atc is still a brand searching for a sound, a personality, a classic design or two. way overpriced for the same detailed midrange you pretty much get from any 30 to 40 year old jbl.
Hi Nick,

It's interesting reading your comments regarding ATCs and PMCs, as your experiences are almost the direct opposite of mine.

I like PMC monitors, but compared to ATC 100s or 150s they are less neutral to my ears and have a rather peculiar 'thumpy' quality in the bass. For me the bass is over-emphasised on PMCs, and their midrange is not as natural sounding as that on ATCs, and certainly not that of my Spendor SP100 BBC-style monitors. The treble on PMCs for me also has an 'etched' quality that makes some recordings quite painful to listen to. I also don't find the bass on ATCs lightweight in any way, just free from boom and overhang, which in my opinion is more prominent on PMCs. It's certainly interesting that we hear things so differently!

Anyway, PMCs are in my top five favourite speakers, so I'm sure they sound very nice in your system.

Marco.