B&W JM Labs or Paradigm Signature S8.....Help?

I am deciding on a new pair of speakers. I think I have narrowed it down to:

1. JM Labs electra 936
2. Jm Labs electra 946
3. B & W 803D
4. Paradigm Signature S8

I understand that the JM 946 and B&W 803D cost about $2k more than the JM 936 and S8's.

My questions are:

1. Which will give the best sound quality in a small/mediam size room. (14' x 20' x 10'high) Hard wood floors.

2. I have not decided on amps yet. (different thread, maybe later)

3. I listen to 2 channel CD's and Home theater.

4. I have not heard any of these speakers. I am only going by specifications and reviews

Has anyone heard all of these speakers to compair?

Thanks for any help,

Danny
dffhogs
Danny:
Recommend you add Von Schweikert VR-4jr to your short list, as they may be the best speakers under $10k. I personally don't care for B&W or Paradigm. And while I've not auditioned JM Labs, others have said they're not the best sounding speakers for the money. Also, recommend you avoid metal dome tweeters. The VR-4jr is a time and phase coherent design, so it images very well. It sounds good with tube or solid state electronics. An audiophile friend of mine prefers his with solid state amp and tube pre-amp, maybe the best of both worlds. I predict if you go with one of the items on your list, you'll soon be looking for something better. On the other hand, the VR-4jr is a keeper you could live with forever.
Sincerely,
Jay
Let me tell you Im a hard person to satisfy. Ask my wife!lol. I just purchaced the 803Ds in Jan I believe. I have never been more satisfied with anything I ever bought. Theyre being powered with only a Rotel 1090. My father spent over 45000 on his speakers in his system. Now my father has been looking in to The new B&W Diamond line for a possible overhall. On the other hand my dealer lets you bring home speakers to try out on the weekend. We had the paradigms up against the B&Ws, no chance. The B&Ws worth every dime more. Ill grow old with these theyll be the speaker that my grandkids get. Good luck
Without knowing or being able to control all of the variables - the most important being our hearing vs. yours - it's going to be hard to do more than offer encouragement to A/B as many of these as you can. Any input you get is really just personal opinion and based on situations and stuff that's not like yours. Some will really like B&W over the others, some really dislike B&W vs. Sigs or VS or JM Labs or whatever. Those are all really personal opinions and personal preferences. Our opinions are just that - they're ours. You need to form yours.

We all differ physiologically and our wiring and experiences aren't all the exact same - bottom line is we all hear and perceive a little differently. Objective reviews with meaningful measurements can get you part of the way, but there is absolutely no substitute for your going out and auditioning (and hopefully A/B'ing) your choices. You're talking about a little more than chump change here, so my suggestion is that you invest that time so you'll have a chance to be as thrilled with your choice as folks like Mattblueg35 are with theirs. Good luck!