alternative to speaker stand spikes?

I am looking for an alternative to spikes for my stands. I have wood floors that I do not want any scratches on at all.
valinar
You have your opinion, Stan.
Others have theirs.

Tom Lyons
Starsound Technologies
You have your opinion, Stan. Others have theirs.

Yes Tom; we live in a great country. :-)
I did a .357 caliber upgrade to my stands for use on a hard wood floor. (Get rid of those skinny needle type screw-in spikes - whatever you do.)

SeriousIy I epoxied .357 caliber bullets onto the bottom of my metal stands. Good ol' lead has long been an audiophile favorite - its very dead - no ringing. And very soft - will not likely mark your floor at all. I used something called a semi-wadcutter, which is ammo used for target shooting - it has a flat end instead of round or pointy - tapers just a little.

BTW - I used just the bullet/lead portion, not the entire cartidge with the brass and gunpowder. Bullets (as opposed to complete cartridges) are sold for reloading ammo. I supposed I could sell a handful for a couple bucks plus shipping - otherwise you gotta buy several hundred at a time - but they could be used for balast in stands or anywhere else you need a little lead.

Try gluing carpet all over a paving stone or cinder block. Then you can put the speakers on top of them, and spikes under the speakers. Works great for me, and your floor is safe!