Differences between Accuphase C-2820 and C-3800?

Hi there, I'm mulling over the purchase of the C-2820 but have not totally written off the flagship C-3800. Does anyone know how they differ sonically?

Thanks in advance.
classact
I am very interested in Accuphase A-46. The reason you can run two pairs of speakers? Is there a button for A+B like my Luxman L-507U?

Looking at the power supply section it uses two 83000uF Nichicon LNT series capacitors at 105C. That is almost 200KuF in capacitance will have no problems with any speakers.
Hi Renjy651,

I am too, as you know!

Yes, you can run 2 speakers, and there is an a+b buttons.

That's cool, good to know...
Bvdiman, please report back after you have tried the Accuphase PS units. I am very interested to hear your findings.

Renjy651, the A-46 power amp has two Nichicon capacitors of 47k micro Farads each. Also, they are 85 Celsius degrees not 105. What you have quoted resembles the specs of the A-65 power amp which has 82k micro Farads caps. The A-65 probably has 105 Celsius degrees caps as it gets much much hotter than the A-45. However, I am not 100 percent sure about this as the picture of the caps in the manual is poor and this figure can not be read properly.

I currently have both the A-45 and A-65 in my system. As far as I know the A-46 is a bit more powerful than the A-45, but overall the two amps are comparable. On the other hand, the difference between the A-45 and the A-65 is huge. Since a pre-amp might not be needed with the A-65 (read my last post before this one for some more details), I urge anyone who is planing to buy a A-46 to also listen the A-65.

Hi Nvp,

Sure, if the cd player or dac has a volume control, the preamp can be bypassed.

I see, but the A-65 is about twice the price of the A-46. 11k for the A-65 vs. around 6k for the A-46. In Japanese Yen. Whether you wanna buy from Japan is up to you. The prices are much lower. Anyway, if one is unable to afford the A-65, why not the A-46? Realistically, the A-46 is a great amp, and I'd say it will please the vast majority of audiophiles out there.
Nvp

Yes it is 47000uF/63V Nichicon LNR series Capacitors custom made by Nichicon for Accuphase my mistake. The A-65 uses 82000uF capacitors looks like they are 89mm or 3.5 inches in diameter beast. I am sure they are LNT caps at 105C. Custom made by Nichicon for Accuphase.