Differences between Accuphase C-2820 and C-3800?

Hi there, I'm mulling over the purchase of the C-2820 but have not totally written off the flagship C-3800. Does anyone know how they differ sonically?

Thanks in advance.
classact
Bvdiman, please report back after you have tried the Accuphase PS units. I am very interested to hear your findings.

Renjy651, the A-46 power amp has two Nichicon capacitors of 47k micro Farads each. Also, they are 85 Celsius degrees not 105. What you have quoted resembles the specs of the A-65 power amp which has 82k micro Farads caps. The A-65 probably has 105 Celsius degrees caps as it gets much much hotter than the A-45. However, I am not 100 percent sure about this as the picture of the caps in the manual is poor and this figure can not be read properly.

I currently have both the A-45 and A-65 in my system. As far as I know the A-46 is a bit more powerful than the A-45, but overall the two amps are comparable. On the other hand, the difference between the A-45 and the A-65 is huge. Since a pre-amp might not be needed with the A-65 (read my last post before this one for some more details), I urge anyone who is planing to buy a A-46 to also listen the A-65.

Hi Nvp,

Sure, if the cd player or dac has a volume control, the preamp can be bypassed.

I see, but the A-65 is about twice the price of the A-46. 11k for the A-65 vs. around 6k for the A-46. In Japanese Yen. Whether you wanna buy from Japan is up to you. The prices are much lower. Anyway, if one is unable to afford the A-65, why not the A-46? Realistically, the A-46 is a great amp, and I'd say it will please the vast majority of audiophiles out there.
Nvp

Yes it is 47000uF/63V Nichicon LNR series Capacitors custom made by Nichicon for Accuphase my mistake. The A-65 uses 82000uF capacitors looks like they are 89mm or 3.5 inches in diameter beast. I am sure they are LNT caps at 105C. Custom made by Nichicon for Accuphase.
Dave, what I meant to say is that because the C-2420 & A-46 combo is a bit more expensive than a A-65 one might want to consider the second alternative if he/she has a single source, i.e. a cd player with a good volume control. Of course, the A-46 amp is a very good amp and it will please the vast majority of audio-files.

Bvdiman, did you try to bypass your FM Acoustics pre-amp and feed the signal from the DC-900/DP-901 player directly into the the A-200 amps (the DC- 900/DP-901 has a built in volume control)? I am curious what the result would be as I am having a bit of a dilemma right now, i.e. sell my C-2410/A-45/DP-600 and get a DP-800/DP-801 or sell the A-45/C-2410 and get a better Accuphase preamp (e.g. C-2810 or C-2820).