Differences between Accuphase C-2820 and C-3800?

Hi there, I'm mulling over the purchase of the C-2820 but have not totally written off the flagship C-3800. Does anyone know how they differ sonically?

Thanks in advance.
classact
Hi Bvdiman,

You're welcome! Ok, well that ain't too bad to say the least! :D

Take care!
Hi Dave, too bad you are not living close to Amsterdam. I'll be happy to demonstrate the A-65 vs. A-45 amps for you. :)

Hi Bvdiman. Thanks for your answer. I am thinking quite seriously to buy a 801/800 but I will need to sell my A-45 and DP-600 first. I'll keep my C-2410 pre-amp for the time being, as I use quite often its balance control button. The 900/901 is certainly a no-go as here it is 2 times more expensive than the 801/800 combo. Regarding the DG-38 unit, I still use it. In fact, I can not recommend this unit enough. Its room correction function should be mandatory to any serious system.
Hi Nvp, why thank you for the invite! I really would like to hear the differences. Here in the US, the A-65 is a whole $9k more than the A-46. So, I really am not able to afford it. If I get it from you know where, yes I would. Also, I don't believe there's a dealer over here where you can compare both amps! I don't get it, the importer wants all of this money, but there's hardly anywhere to audition! Except for CES, really. Imagine that! I will look into the DG-38 as well. Talk to you soon!
Hi Nvp,
Some further thoughts..
After having trialled for couple more days :
*Without Pre ~ The direct/rawness of detail/transparency/resolution and more upfront presentation as always seem impressive and fun to listen to initially, but sure enough signs of fatigue sets in given longer periods.
*With Pre ~ Soundstage sounded more expansive with better dimensionality, presented in a far more relaxed and enjoyable/addicting manner, no fatigue here. *Overall better dynamics and PRAT too, closer to that of live performances.
*However I'm here using same source for comparisons, where else in your case, a supposedly superior one substituting the Pre set-up, so results will invariably differ.

Do weigh into your consideration also that perhaps buying an excellent Pre is after-all the much wiser investment (longer term one) compared to buying a SOTA Cdp? *Either way, just make sure the 800/801 combo you are considering are priced right, one which can be re-sold later at little/no loss to you. ;)

Btw. Do you use HS-link (RJ/E) as interface into your DG? If yes, do try one of the upgraded cables I mentioned above. A worthwhile upgrade for not much money, imo.
Ok, I'm debating on either getting the A-65 amp first, or the C-2420 + C27 first. I'm not able to afford all 3 units at once even though I'm getting a pretty good deal from the dealer. Which would make the most difference in sound in my system? The amp or the pre + phono preamps. Currently running the Bryston 4BSST amp and BP6P preamp. Thanks in advance for your help!