Heard the $325000 Acapella's Sphaeron excaliburs?

I doubt many of us can afford them, but may be you have heard at the Show or something. How is the horn sound?
nilthepill
I'm sad to say that Mike is right for the most part about a bum being a bum.
About the $325,000 speakers, I would say that there is some sort of value continuum that guides all of our thinking. The conspicuous consumer would likely buy these to be conspicuous but I submit that the true music lover might put $25K into a spectacular sound system and then lay the $300K into going to live music events around the world. How many could you attend and how long would that last? I think I could drag that out for maybe 5 years.

Those speakers have to be a quarter of a million dollars past the diminishing returns line.
Hello again. The only thing I will try to justify is the fact that it would cost a fortune to have 30 different musicians at one time in your house 365 days a year and ask them to play only two songs at a time then switch to something else. If the sound is breath taking and you can afford it, then the price is not as much of an issue. I do question the performance of such speakers as I have always had companies that produce products under $100,000 sound better than anything I have ever heard and I have listened to price no object equipment that tried to convince you they are awesome because they are expensive. Wow to the sucker that has more money than experience. (I didn't say brains because there are plenty of people much smarter than I who just don't get it).
I have spent a couple of hours with the UK distributor of accapella today and a great guy he is too.

I did not hear the speakers in question, but did hear again his Violins which are truly superb. We did a quick a/b demo with Virtual Dynamics vs Kubala Sosna Emotion.

The thing I leave with every time with these speakers is imaging, I have heard nothing like it, ever. What the more expensive acapellas sound like, I have no idea, only my imagination. They must be very special!
Dmurfet, did the plasma tweeter stand out as better than the rest of the speaker. I have not heard the new Violins, but this was the case with them previously. It was also the case on the Campenelles (Sp?).
Excess just what is excess. I guess that depends on your disposable income and what you choose to spend it on. If you are Bill Gates just what do you spend your disposable income on. $325K speakers maby. Is this excess you bet. But it has already been said, tell the average person you spent $1500.00 on cables for your stereo. They will think you are nuts.

My system is yes half of my annual salery. I for one would not trade it for anything in this world. Ok I would like to upgrade a few things but it comes down to disposable income which I don't have right now.

If you are living within your means what does it matter wether you spend 5k or 325k on speakers as long as they bring enjoyment.

Michael