On a budget 802N or 803D??? Dealer says 803D.

I'm on a budget and interested in upgrading from Paradigm 100's to B&W 802N or 803D. Room size is 14 by 26 with 10 foot ceilings. Sitting approximatly 16 feet away. Will use them for home theater and two channel. Using five channel Parasound 2205, 220 watts per channel. May consider upgrading to Classe amp. Dealer is suggesting 803D's. I'm thinking and loving the looks of 802N's. Which one would you suggest and why. Your help is truely appreciated. Thanks Audiogoners!
fathertime
Be careful with the diamonds. If your system and ROOM are not up to snuff, you can be rewarded with some sound you might want to escape. The N line is more forgiving.
I also have to ask the question, you want looks or sound? If it is looks then I need to shut up. The Paradigm's are not bad speakers with the electronics you have. What processor or preamp you using and what source (player.) It's a system! Everything has to interface correctly or you're wasting a bunch of money unless you're just into looks.
Recently sold my N802's to move to the Diamond line. Ended up with the big ones, but listened to the 803D's quite a bit. IMO, a much better speaker then my N802's, but, Big is right, you will need to be careful with system matching. Classe amps are wonderful with the B&W's though, if that's in the cards. Email me if you're interested in more detail.
Geoff
Well, if you consider resale value, I suggest you go for 803D. Newer model able to keep higher resale value. Since B&W just update the whole 800 series, therefore, there are at least 4 years before they change their line again.
The German magazine Stereo, who had the 802N as a reference speaker, tested the new 803D and found it to outperform the 802 in the middles and highs, if not the bass. So the advice of your dealer seems true.