Upgrading Klipsch La Scala crossovers

Am considering a vintage pair and know that "everybody" goes to custom xovers and/or wire. Where do I want to look for these things? Who's making these xovers? A google turned up little.

I'm hoping there might be somebody in the Chicago area would who would be willing to come up to SE WI to install new xovers & wire if/when I get them. I would be comfortable doing it myself (I can solder), but probably more comfortable with a pro.
paulfolbrecht
A word of warning on so called "upgrading" La Scala crossovers.

I've owned my La Scalas for well over 20 years and have tried the upgrades you've mentioned.

First I doubled the side walls and ran two by four pieces of rock maple along the outside edges to re-enforce the cabinets. This made a huge difference with bass output and quality.

I upgrated the tweeters with Bob Crites tweeters. These tweeters are far superior the the stock models and make a huge improvement.

Next, I replaced all the stock wiring with DH Labs hook-up wire. I was really surprised at just how much a difference just replacing the wire made, but it was huge.

Finally, and a word of warning, I tried a set of Dean's crossovers and found I didn't prefer the "Huge" difference these crossovers made.

IMHO, the stock crossover sound the best for these speakers.

I should also mention that I bought my La Scalas new and all their internal wiring and crossovers are/were in "as new" condition.

Assuming your crossovers are in good condition, I would leave them alone. If they need replacing, I would get a new set from Bob Crites, who designs his to sound identical to the stock units.

I also run Walker Audio's "High Definition Links" with these speakers, and find they work as advertised.

Thanks for all the replies. What I've learned is that Dean's 1st-order xover are most likely best for my needs which include the Welborne 45s at around 2W. The 1st-order network provides a very easy, constant-impedance load, and furthermore I tend to prefer 1st-order networks.

I'm picking up the speakers (made in '85) next weekend and will likely order a pair of these xovers before long.

Thanks again.
If your refering to me I owned lascalas one of the best years 1967 alnico mags metal horns plus other klipsch etc, 2 watts will cause the bass to be muddy.But try if you like maybe it wont bother you.I tried many SETs with mine.2a3 300b did better but they seem to need more power than 1 would think.