Horns vs Ribbons vs Dyanamic

Something I've been interested in: could you shed some light on the pros and cons, as well as technical info, of different types of speakers? These are the kinds I know about, are there others?

Horns
Ribbons
Planar
Dynamic
Electrostatic (????)

Thanks
128x128ledhed2222
6bq5,

"Electrostatics are at the other end, with a max SPL of some in the 88dB range. "

More than a little misleading, in my opinion. My Sound Labs have no problem hitting 102+ dB peaks (measured by SPL meter). Hell, even the ESL57s don't start to show strain well into the mid-90s. I can't imagine what 'stat tops out at 88 dB.
Hi Dr Mechams says, "I grew up on horns still enjoy tem for those got to hear it lOUD moments."

Crank it up dude!
Bob
I have found that from around 65hz, and below...cones are king, over all others... (size and cost being the main factor here).

Other than that, I can't think of a single area of sound reproduction where a cone has the edge over ribbon/planer/E-stat types...at least not for general home use.

Horns?....great fun!

Dave
Shadorne, don't be so elementary. (I don't believe I'm having to respond this way)...I don't expect somebody at your level of understanding to comprehend what I said.

I see that "elementary" was either too much for you or simply beneath you.

Either way, I think your attitude towards others reflects most poorly upon yourself.
What about line arrays? Like horns (and sealed versus ported boxes for coned woofers), the line array is a unique driver implementation approach. I've never heard horns or arrays and would value the informed comments of those who've compared arrays to the "dynamic drivers in a box", horns and planars/stats.