Using two center channel LCR speakers for stereo

Any reasons not to? I figure bass in the MTM should be better than bookshelves from the same maker/series. Do high-end LCR such as Monitor Audio GS or Von Schweikert sound different from their L/R siblings? Thanks.
wchang
I've heard 2 Von Schweikert LCR-15's used this way and they sounded fantastic. I know Totem also markets their Model 1c for use this way.
If a speaker is an LCR then the company in theory has made it optimized for both applications and thus its name. Placement of them will not be all Horizontal though.
LCR='s....Left/Center/Right. (they are only center channel speakers, if you use them there). All MTM designs I have heard, sound best when placed vertical...even for center channel use (but, of course you can't always do that with the center channel speaker).

Dave
Thanks everyone!

I also found a monster thread on avsforum (Monitor Audio Owners Thread) where someone did this with GSLCR. I placed a Wanted Ad here but so far no "used" ones have turned up. Thanks to the dollar's recovery (rather, fall of the stirling), these are now routinely discounted 15-20% (new).

I will start another thread reporting a serendipitous discovery of sorts...

-- William