Wilson's new speaker the Sasha is coming.

THere is a teaser on their website. Looks beautiful if you can make out the images. I think it is a step up from the WP generation. Maybe a replacement.
dgad
04-25-09: Taters
I think wilson should come out with a pink speaker for women.
The Mary Kay Cosmetics model! Mary Kay should start handing out pink Sashas as bonuses instead of pink Cadillacs.
Well you know that Wilson Audio is going to change their Watt / Puppy every 3 year. That's why Wilson Audio speakers are the fastest depreciating speakers in the market. For example the Watt / Puppy 7 was 3 years ago around 30.000 euro in Holland but now you can not even get 10.000 for them. So unless you have a lot of money to throw a Wilson speaker is an excellent speaker to buy second hand since you never get more than 30-35% of the new price second hand.

So good news for all that wanted to buy a Puppy 8. I am sure in a few months time they will go for 10.000 euro.

In Holland the rumour is also that the Watt / Puppy 8 will be taken over by the Sasha and that it will be cheaper and better. So Wilson brings a better speaker for less money. I guess they must feel the crisis to.

For somebody that wants to buy the Sasha and does not have the money, just wait 2 years until Wilson brings the Sasha two out and then it goes for 30% of the new price again.

I love Wilson speakers and play now with the Maxx but I would never buy them new for the above mentioned reasons. A B&W N802 of 8 years old still brings 50% f the new price.

The real reason for the change could be the flop of the Puppy 8. A lot of people preferred the Puppy 7 and therefore did not buy the Puppy 8. Now with a new speaker coming up these people might be conviced to change also.

Peter
Nicer design than the WP's in my opinion. Think I'll pass on the 70's retro avocado green though.
http://www.wilsonaudio.com/sasha/science.html

As usual, Wilson reinventing physics. According to him, 6061-T6 Aircraft Grade aluminum is actually less “rigid” then MDF or epoxy. I propose the word Aircraft Grade should be applied to MDF now… All these spectral-decay plots are showing is simply levels of material damping. In other words, “how well they store or dissipate energy”. These plots show clearly that the ‘X” material is indeed highly damped (Stores energy very well). So, as he suggested, why not rubber? It will store energy even better and have no measurable resonant at all. Damping, without stiffness is bad for bass performance. The young modulus (Stiffness) of any epoxy resins type material is many folds lower than Aluminum or even plywood. That is why you do not see airplane wings build from epoxy. I am amazed at the willingness of these companies to expose their complete ignorance. Even worse, a total dismissal to the intelligence of their clients (Which unfortunately, they can get away with).